Clawbug (Etrian Odyssey)Edit
A bug whose shell is impervious to physical harm. Other forms of
Attack are recommended.
The Clawbug is one of the more dangerous monsters encountered on B1F of the first stratum. They are powerful enough to possibly one-hit kill new characters with low HP. They also have a very high defense. The only effective way to kill them is with elemental attacks, and even so, it may take two hits to take them down.
With enough experience and better weaponry, it's resistance to physical attacks can be overcome. They can be encountered throughout the entirety of the First stratum.
Clawbug (Etrian Odyssey II)Edit
Clawbugs first appear on the 12F. Clawbugs can take a lot of physical damage before going down, it is recommended to use elemental attacks to defeat them.
Clawbugs early on into the 12F tend to face you by themselves, but by the end of the floor they will start fighting alongside companions or in multiples. On higher floors of this stratum they will usually be paired with Hugecrabs in greater and greater numbers, or with other types of monsters.
During fights, Clawbugs can use the Skill Whirr, which will do no damage, but attempt to head bind the entire party.
Their normal drop, the Space Husk, is needed with other items to create certain weapons.
- 1 Space Husk Gives you the Aqua Claw (AT+86, Ice Element, Claw)
- 1 Space Husk + 1 Whole Hull (Hugecrab's Conditional) gives you a Volt Axe (AT+84, Volt Element, Axe)
- 5 Space Husks + 1 Dew Scale (Fishman's Conditional) Gives you Kuznosada (AT+86, STR+2, Katana)
- Whirr (Uses ???):
- In order to get the Clawbug's conditional drop, the Stag Horn, you must kill the Clawbug with a Slash (Sword, Dagger, Whip, or Katana) attack.
This drop is needed, as well as 5 Red Manes from Sleipnir, to make a Gore Chain (AT+86, STR+2, Whip)
Claw Beetle (Etrian Odyssey IV)Edit
|Items||Hard Shell, Beetle Sickle, Broken Horn (Conditional)|
|Resistance||Slash, Pierce, Crush|
An enemy encountered throughout the Golden Lair. The Claw Beetle is not particularly deadly, but it is reasonably sturdy and it can protect its own allies.
- Shell Wall (Uses Arms): Takes damage for one ally.
- To receive the conditional drop, the Broken Horn, you must kill it with a Bash attack.
Claw Beetle (Etrian Odyssey Untold) Edit
An enemy first seen as a rare encounter on B1F and then throughout the rest of the Emerald Grove. It is resistant to physical attacks except those with the crush attribute, but weak to all elements.
- Emerald Grove: B1F - B3F
- Gladsheim: AREA I