Mantis (Etrian Odyssey)Edit
They are slightly less resistant than stalkers; however, they hit way harder and are often not alone, but they shouldn't be too much of a problem for a party strong enough to reach the stratum in the first place.
- Reaper (Uses Arms): Deals damage to one party member.
- Charge (Uses None): Charges one turn to increase the power of the attack next turn.
- Broken Eye (Worth: 72 en)
- Nyx Scythe (Worth: 80 en)
- Silver Eye (Worth: 80 en)
- To get a Silver Eye, you must defeat a Mantis in one turn.
Death Mantis (Etrian Odyssey IV)Edit
Death Mantis are found at the Cloudy Stronghold after completion of the Echoing Library. They inhabit the lakes, moving 2 squares per player step in a circular manner, and are fond of local carp. Dropping a Dragon Carp will turn them into rare breeds.
- Scythe Dance (Uses Arms): 2-4 random cut attacks across different party members.
- Finisher Slash (Uses Arms): Instantly kills a weakened combatant, then heals 600 HP.
- Death's Scythe (Worth: 2255 en)
- Stony Scythe (Worth: 2706 en)
- In order to get the Stony Scythe, you must petrify the Death Mantis. Since there are no petrification skills in the game, you will need to forge a weapon with petrification effects. Two full five-slot daggers equipped to a Nightseeker with Blade Flurry should make this task manageable. You can also use a Fortress equipped with the "Evil Eye Club" which has 3 petrify forges already attached to it.