The Dragonfly, known as Moriyana in first two installment, are a species of gigantic dragonfly that, although obviously are insects, has several reptilian features.
These creatures are fearsome due to their high evasion rate, moderate HP, powerful attacks and their tendency in some games to bind the head and feet of party members, making them unable to flee or use healing skills.
Moriyana (Etrian Odyssey)Edit
|A forest dragonfly large enough to make meals of passing Labyrinth explorers.|
|Items||Carapace, Bug Nest|
Moriyanas are first encountered on B13F.
- Carapace (Worth: 57 en)
- Bug Nest (Worth: 60 en)
Conditional Drop Edit
Moriyana (Etrian Odyssey II)Edit
Moriyanas are first encountered on 11F.
Moriyanas actually come in two possible ways: Alone or with friends. While more monsters in battle are always bad, the Moriyana that faces you alone will always blindside you.
Its Bewilder skill will seal the head and legs of any adventurer it hits lowering accuracy and preventing that adventurer from fleeing from the battle.
- Bewilder (Uses ???):
- Bug Nest (Worth: )
- Mint Leaf (Worth: )
- Front Wing (Worth: )
- In order to get the Moriyana's conditional drop, the Front Wing, you must kill them with a Volt-elemental attack.
Dragonfly (Etrian Odyssey III)Edit
Dragonflies are first encountered on B21F.
- Tear Apart (Uses ???): Damages the entire party.
- Dragonfly Nest (Worth: )
- Dragonfly Wing (Worth: )
- In order to get the Dragonfly's conditional drop, the Dragonfly Wing, you must kill them with a Volt-elemental attack.
Dragonfly (Etrian Odyssey IV)Edit
|A grotesquely enlarged dragonfly that entraps travelers with its dance before preying on them.|
|Items||Dragonfly Nest, Shocked Bug Eye (Conditional)|
|Resistance||Slash, Pierce, Bash|
These monsters first appear in the Forgotten Capital and then later on appearing in the secret areas of several of the mazes. It's only notable trait is it's attack Binding Ambush which can bind just about every party member which tends to get annoying as it uses it quite a bit.
- Binding Ambush (Uses Legs): Attempts to to inflict head, arm, and leg bind on a single party member.
- To obtain its conditional drop, the Shocked Bug Eye, you have to defeat it with a Volt attack.
Forest Dragonfly (EOU2) Edit
|A carnivorous dragonfly that adapted to harsh life in the forest. Its wings are highly prized.|
Severed Wing (Conditional)
The Forest Dragonfly is encountered on the 11th floor of the Frozen Grounds. A very weak monster, it can be taken out before it has a chance to attack or confuse your party with Confusing Blitz.
- Confusing Blitz: Will try to inflict Confused status.
Conditional Drop Edit
- To obtain the Severed Wing, you must defeat it with a Slash attack.
- Their Japanese name is Moriyanma; Yanma in Japan means "large dragonfly".