Wolf (Etrian Odyssey)Edit
|White-furred wolves who wander the upper floors of the grove. Dangerous when fought in packs.|
|Skills||Fang, Evil Cry|
The Wolf is not a very powerful enemy. However, when you start a battle with one, all other wolves on the floor will appear to change into chaser FOEs and head your direction. If and when they reach your location they will join the battle as well. The recommended course of action is to defeat wolves quickly one at a time.
Note: Escaping is a risk. Since the other wolves become chaser FOEs after engaging one, there is a very likely chance you will get cornered by several of them.
- Fang (Uses Head): An attack, which deals damage to one party member.
- Evil Cry (Uses Head): Support skill, which increases the Wolfs attack.
- Stiff Hide (Worth: 85 en)
Conditional Drop Edit
Wolf (Etrian Odyssey II)Edit
|A white-furred wolf that hunts in packs through the forest's center. Stay well clear.|
|Skills||Evil Cry, Fang|
|Items||Snow Fang, White Hide|
No longer a FOE like in the first game, Wolves are found in normal encounters on floors 13F through 15F. They possess the same skill set as their counterparts from the first game, and play an aggressive role in random encounters.
At the first turn they will use Evil Cry and then they will just spam Fang. You can stop this easily by binding its head.
- Fang (Uses Head): Does physical damage to a single party member.
- Evil Cry (Uses Head): Increases attack.
- Snow Fang (Worth: 58 en).
- White Hide (Worth: 63 en).
Conditional Drop Edit
Forest Wolf (Etrian Odyssey Untold)Edit
Forest Wolves appear on B4F of the Emerald Grove. They will not go after you; in fact, if you draw near to one, it will run away unless cornered. However, if you are currently in battle, all nearby wolves will converge on your location. As soon as the battle ends, they will cease their pursuit.
It takes two turns for Forest Wolves to summon allies. To do this, they use the first turn to prepare. They can easily be disrupted with the use of a smoke bomb.
By themselves they aren't really much of a threat.
- Evil Cry (Uses Head): Increases the attack of all enemies.
- Wolf Fang (Worth: 68 en)
Conditional Drops Edit
Related Monsters Edit
Ambush Wolf (Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold) Edit
Ambush Wolves first appear on B11F of the Frozen Grounds, and also show up on B15F. They act as FOEs and as the name suggests, they lie in wait in the overworld to ambush the party. Every two player steps, they remain stationary (and don't even appear on the map), and on each third player step, they rotate 90 degrees. Should the player cross its line of sight, it will turn aggressive and pursue the player.
In-battle, the Ambush Wolf will, during every of its 2nd turns, use Frost Fang, and prior to every 4th turn, amplify its offenses with Assault Howl.
- Assault Howl (Uses Head): Raises physical/elemental damage for 4 turns.
- Frost Fang (Uses Head): Does heavy ice damage to two targets.
- Pure Fang (Worth: )
- Crazed Wolf Eye (Worth: )
- To get the Crazed Wolf Eye, defeat the Ambush Wolf while it is panicked.