Hugecrab (Etrian Odyssey II)Edit
|A forest crab, evolved to the size of a large dog. It now seeks bigger prey to match...|
|Items||Shell Chip, Whole Hull (Conditional)|
Hugecrabs are first encountered on 13F of the Frozen Grounds.
Like Rollers or similar monster, the Hugecrab turtles and increases its defense via Shell. However, unlike other examples, they have a chance of using Counter and retaliate for taken damage, making the best method to kill them the use of poison.
- Shell (Uses Head): Increases its defense stat.
- Counter (Uses None): When they take damage and don't die, they'll counter with a really powerful attack.
- Shell Chip (Worth: 59 en)
- Whole Hull (Worth: 65 en)
- In order to get the Hugecrab's conditional drop, the Whole Hull, you must kill it with a non-Physical attack.
Great Hermit (Etrian Odyssey III)Edit
Great Hermits are first encountered on B6F.
Those little crabs are the monster version of the Protector in this game. They will use Shell to heighten their defenses and then use Cover to take the damage for an allied monster.
Since Cover forces you to hit them anyway, you should take the Great Hermits out first, even though they take up some time to kill.
- Shell (Uses ???): Increases the physical defense of the user for 3 turns.
- Cover (Uses ???): Protects one enemy. The user takes the damage instead.
- Shell Piece (Worth: 42 en)
- Small Flower (Worth: 25 en)
- Flawless Shell (Worth: 63 en)
- In order to get the Great Hermit's conditional drop, the Flawless Shell, you must kill it with a non-physical attack.
Giant Hermit (Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold)Edit
Giant Hermits are first encountered on 13F.
Their move Shielding Shell increases Elemental Defence on one line. This move can be especially annoying if it teams up with an enemy with Elemental Weakness, like the Claw Beetle, resulting in a group of monsters with resistance to most forms of damage.
- Shielding Shell (Uses Head): Increases one enemy row's elemental defense by 50% for 4 turns.
- Crab Shell (Worth: 118 en)
- Perfect Shell (Worth: 156 en)
- In order to get the Great Hermit's conditional drop, the Perfect Shell, you must kill it with a non-Physical attack.