Hraesvelgr (Etrian Odyssey IV)Edit
|A legendary bird dwelling in Yggdrasil's trunk. Its task is to carry souls to the lands beyond.|
|Skills||Binding Feather, Eagle Drive, Feather Rain, In the Dark|
|Items||Raptor Beak, Raptor Talon (Conditional)|
|Resistance||All ailments and binds|
Hraesvalgr is an optional boss that you fight after the end of a series of Quests from the Outland Count. His move, Eagle Drive will attack a line of your party and deals a great deal of damage if you're not at an appropriate level. Feather Rain is a multi-hit move that will do approximately 10 attacks to one member of your party. In the Dark has a chance of blinding your party so be careful, you can probably avoid this by binding it's head. A level 50 party should be able to easily take care of him.
To re-battle this boss you must recreate the steps that lead to the battle in the first place.
The Conditional Drop in conjunction with a Dark Pyroxenite, a mineral mined from the Hall of Darkness, are the materials necessary for the Fortress-specific armor: Knights Armor.
- Binding Feather (uses Arms): Ranged stab attack to a single target, may bind random body parts.
- Eagle Dive (uses Legs): Strong melee bash attack to a row.
- In the Dark (uses Head): Strong melee stab attack to a single target, may blind.
- Feather Rain (uses Arms): 8-9 random ranged stab attacks to the party.
It's conditional drop doesn't have a condition that needs to be met, it's just a low possibility that it might even drop this item if at all. Mostly you'll receive his regular drop, Raptor Beak.
- Hraesvelgr, in Norse mythology, is a giant eagle at the edge of the world who causes winds by beating his wings.