Kirin (Etrian Odyssey III) Edit
This powerful, legendary beast is summoned by Olympia in order to stop the explorers to reach Seyfried.
Kirin takes form of a yellow maned, blue dragon, with a crimson tail. As his appearance suggests, he is well versed in volt elemental attacks, and can also cast some fire magic. It also has a plethora of attacks that can bind the targets, making it a formidable enemy.
Kirin will use Retribution on the first turn and on turns that are multiplies of 5. This is not an issue early on when it deals little damage, but it gets more and more powerful the less HP Kirin has. This makes it essential for you to use Fire Prophecy or Antifire at these turns.
Kirin will also randomly use Ripping Neigh and Imperial Pride which can inflict various binds at your party. A monk with high level unbind is recommended because another ability, Divine Wrath, will deal a lot more damage to bound party members. Also bring some Theriaca A in case your monk gets a head bind. Other than that, it is a straightforward (but potentially very long) fight.
- Retribution (Uses Head) - hits the entire party, deals more damage as Kirin has lower HP. Fire elemental.
- Ripping Neigh (Uses Head) - hits the entire party. May inflict Head binds.
- Imperial Pride (Uses ???) - counters physical attacks with Head, Arm and Leg binds.
- Divine Wrath (Uses Head) - hits the entire party. Deals more damage to bound targets. Volt Elemental.
- Tail Swing (Uses ???) - hits the entire party. Strike damage
- Kirin is the japanese form of the legendary Qilin from eastern mythology.