|Status||Alive (Porcelain Wish, Eldest Path), Deceased (Abyssal Desire)|
|Affiliation||Armoroad, Princess Gutrune|
Kujura is a story character from Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City. He is a field general of Armoroad and a trusted retainer of Princess Gutrune initially tasked with the overseeing of adventurers and soldiers exploring the depths of the Yggdrasil Tree.
Most of the time he remains serious and stoic, but can show a sardonic side at times (such as when claiming to be experienced adventurer during your first encounter with him, and especially if the party sides with the Deep City). Compared to Flowdia, he keeps a cool head while making desicions, but this attitude makes him underestimate Olympia at first.
Despite a possibly rocky start, he remains something of a mentor figure to the party during the first half of the game. By the Third Stratum, he confirms to both party and players that to progress they will have to ultimately take a side in the Armoroad-Deep City conflict.
His loyalty to Gutrune and Armoroad is unfaltering, regardless of evidence of his princess' inhumanity.
History EditIt's mentioned in conversation that he is a foreigner from the east, but no other information of his past is given. By the start of the game, he is a respected member of the Armoroad army and personal retainer of Princess Gutrune, along with Flowdia.
The party first encounters him at the same time they encounter their first FOE. He will warn the party of the dangers of F.O.E.s and how it's preferable to avoid them until later, but if the party claims experience he will mock them instead.
He is encountered a few floors later, barring passage to the 4th floor. He instructs the party to report to the Senatus where they learn of Narmer. Only after accepting the mission to slay the giant catfish does he allow the party entrance to the rest of the floor.
The party encounters him once again in the Second Stratum. When Olympia's true nature is revealed he, with a squadron of soldiers, is sent to capture her. He initially underestimates the automaton's power and takes with him a smaller number of soldiers than Flowdia had ordered, but quickly comes to learn how much of a danger Olympia poses. When the party obtains the Sea Bead from Ketos, he instructs them where to use it.
By the Third Stratum tensions between Armoroad and the Deep City begin to arise, despite both parties' suppossed truce and mutual goal. He twice bars the party's progress to force them into picking a side: First on floor 9 and later on floor 11 (unless the party has already picked the Gatekeeper mission). He vows loyalty to Armoroad and suggests the party do the same.
The Fourth Stratum marks the moment his interactions with the party change for good. If the party sides with Armoroad he remains an ally for the rest of the game and entrust them with the General's Baton, allowing them to recruit Shoguns. If the party sides with the Deep City then he confronts them during progress and sends Shin against them at the end of the stratum.
He becomes one of the two final bosses if the Deep City path is taken. He claims to the party that regardless of his princess' inhumanity his loyalty will always be with her, and attacks the party for turning their weapons on her. His subsequent death will upset Gutrune to the point of making her transform into the monstruous Deep Princess, final boss of the route.
See Kujura (boss)
- His sprite as a boss shows him using his class' signature ability, Second Sword, to dual-wield katanas.
- His personal katana, Youtou Nihiru, is obtainable for purchase from his item drop as a boss. Also, this weapon is described as being a demonic sword capable of corrupting minds.
- The sword he carries in his off hand is the Rubylight, a beam saber made from the ones carried by Sky Metal Knights in Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard.
- The translation made for Rubylight in the artbook refers to it as made from hihi'irokane, a mythical Japanese metal said to shine as bright as flames.
- Though not mentioned in the game, Kujura's role as the Princess' retainer and Armoroad's Enforcer are responsibilities that have been passed down by his family for generations.
- Kujura is apparently renowned for his unequaled swordsmanship among various communities, earning him titles such as Sventovit and Raging Lion.
- According to the artbook, his age is 22. However, this is not confirmed in the game.