It takes form of a huge, lion-like beast with a huge pair of wings and a scorpion tail. In battle, its able to use magic and cause a myriad of negative status effects on the party, such as poison and petrify. This monster is said to be wise, and may even be able to speak human speech. That said, it is still of evil nature.
Manticor (Etrian Odyssey) Edit
Manticor, contrary to Alraune, requires no quests to be accepted. Instead, you must examine the tree in B18F on A5, that has been clawed by a mysterious beast. Doing so will allow you to find a secret passage on the eastern side of the B16F, and fight it on a secret area of B17F, not before fighting a wave of powerful, high level FOEs. This can be done anytime after unlocking B18F, but its recommended to leave this monster alone until the 5th stratum, due to its powerful attacks.
- Lullaby (Uses ???):
- Darkcoil (Uses ???):
- Poison (Uses ???):
Conditional Drop Edit
- Beast Eye: Kill within 10 turns
Manticore (Etrian Odyssey III)Edit
Manticore is fought as a boss of the sea quests, in the Dark Forest.
Before facing this monster, you battle against 3 Mistletoes. Due to the Mistletoe's powerful venom and draining attacks, and the boss status inflicting skills, this is considered one of the most challenging sea quests on the game. Its recommended that you bring at least one character with prevent order, two preferably, or equip the Regroup Tactic Limit skill. Petrivoice can be particularly dangerous, as it can either petrify or confuse the whole party. Despite Manticore's poison being weaker than the one of Mistletoe, it can also acummulate damage pretty fast. If you cant beat the boss, you can just come back later, when you can kill it more easily.
- Petrivoice (Uses Head):
- Darkness Coil (Uses Head):
- Poison Tale (Uses Legs):
- Magic Lullaby (Uses Head):
- In order to get its conditional drop, the Evil Horn, the attack that kills Manticore must deal at least 5000 damage.
Manticore (Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold)Edit
|A grotesque creation, known equally for its vast intelligence and its deadly poisons.|
|Skills||Demon's Croon, Dark Claw, Poison Tail, Petra Voice|
|Immune||All Ailments & Binds|
The Manticore is the 6th boss to be fought in sequence during the downloadable quest Treasures Untold.
Like the fight in the previous game, the Manticore is capable of spreading ailments all around the party in addition to its usual attacks. Focus on hammering it with physical attacks, and regularly throwing up Barriers or Prevent Orders to protect the party from its ailments can cut down on TP that would be spent healing them off. Do not bother with trying to land ailments - pure physical damage is the best way to get through the fight.
- Poison Tail (uses legs): Ranged stab attack to the party, may poison.
- Dark Claw (uses arms): Melee cut attack to the party, may blind or curse.
- Demon's Croon (uses head): May induce sleep or fear to the party.
- Petra Voice (uses head): May petrify or induce panic to the party.
- Manticore is, obviously, based on the Persian mystical creature with the same name.
- Manticore is said to be able to speak, but is never shown doing so.