Meregho Saeno (Etrian Odyssey III) Edit
Meregho Saeno is the sea boss monster that is fought on the Skandalia Lighthouse sea quests. It was the responsible for the destruction of most ships that were getting to close to the lighthouse.
This can be quite a troublesome boss, make sure your party to be at least at level 5.
Its attack power is somewhat high, as is its HP. Also, it is resistant to both volt and slash, although having a weakness against ice and pierce.
Panic Claw deals moderate damage and has a high chance of confusing the target, which can be dangerous if your healer or the party's damage dealer is hit. Godly Flash is dangerous too, as it deals much higher damage. Luckily, it does not confuse the victim. Thunder Feather is its most dangerous attack, dealing high volt elemental damage (a bit less than Godly Flash) to one row.
Having a monk with Healing and Refresh is helpful, as the monster attacks hit hard, and the confusion can be annoying. Theriaca B helps too if you can't cast refresh. A prince(ss) with Prevent Order and Guard Order makes the battle easier to survive too.
For offense, the best is a Zodiac with Ice Star and an Arbalist with Heavy Shot, both dealing good damage to the boss. Keep in mind that it resists both slash (swords and daggers) and volt elemental attacks.
If you are aiming for its rare drop, your best options are Gladiator's Arm Breaker, Wildling's Call Snake and Farmer's Strange Seeds. Also, make sure to use those only when its HP are low, since it heals from the bind in 2-3 turns.
- Panic Claw (Uses Arms): Deals medium damage and confuses one target.
- Godly Flash (Uses Arms): Deals heavy damage to one target.
- Thunder Feather (Uses Head): Deals heavy, volt based damage to one row.
- Slashing Nail (Worth: 80 en)
- Eastern Nest (Worth: 500 en)
Conditional Drop Edit
- To get its rare drop, the Eastern Nest, you must kill it while its arm is bound.
- Meregho Saeno name is based on the Persian deity Simurgh, whose name derives from the Avestan mərəγō Saēnō, meaning the "The Bird Saēna".