"Unseen malice stalks from behind"
This forest has a sulfurous stench that makes it dangerous to stay for prolonged periods. The Night Shard that gives it off is useful for skyships.
Miasma Forest (Etrian Odyssey IV)Edit
This dungeon's center room is filled with a thick Miasma that makes traveling through it difficult. You will initially pass out shortly after entering the room as part of the story. Thereafter you will be able to travel 10 steps at a time without blacking out. The trick is to take advantage of straightaways and move through the rooms surrounding the central chamber, making sure to unlock the shortcuts that will make travel easier.
This is how you should travel (Directions are based on the position of your skyship):
- Travel 5 spaces south and enter the door (2) to your right; enter the central room again
- Travel 7 spaces to the east and enter the door (3) to your right; enter the central room again.
- Travel 6 spaces to the north and 2 spaces to the west (open up the secret passage); walk 2 spaces to be transported back to the last door.
- Travel 7 spaces to the west and enter the door (2); enter the central room again
- Travel 5 spaces to the north and enter the door (1); enter the central room again
- Travel 3 spaces to the east and go through the secret passage
- Travel 3 spaces to the north and 1 space to the east and into the door (4) at your right; enter the central room again
- Travel to the Mine point and obtain the Night Shard
The Night Shard will grant you medium level elevation which is necessary for progressing through the game, deliver it to the Cargo Wharf to obtain your new upgrade.
- This ocean-blue mineral has long been prized
- 50 en
- Night Shard
- It has greater buoyancy than Iridescent Ore.
- 200 en
- Osmunda Frond
- A wild plant with a signature coiled stalk
- 50 en
- Monks Cress
- Its vivid red coloring draws the eye
- 150 en
- A/1-3/2: Zoologics (Burst skill)
- Poison blossom? - I've heard of a rare flower in the Miasma Forest that changes shape as time passes. Would someone get one for me?